How to make towel topper
(with embroidered design onto towel)
On this page we will show you how to make a towel topper using Towel topper Celestial digital design.
- You will need following items, shown on Photo 1:
a. Thick tear-away stabilizer. You can also use 2 layers of thinner stabilizer;
b. Pieces of fabric for the applique;
c. A sharp needle. For example, a quilting needle;
d. A towel;
e. Temporary adhesive spray;
2. Hoop the stabilizer and embroider the guideline using running stitches (photo 2);
3. Place the towel over the guideline. The towel should cover the whole guideline (photo 3);
4. Place the applique fabric over the towel, tack it and cut away the excess fabric from around the zig-zag stitch. Do this side only! (photo 4 and 5);
5. Place the fabric for application 2, tack, cut away the excess fabric from around the zig-zag stitch. Make a hole in the towel.
CAREFUL: do not damage the towel and the stabilizer! (photos 6 and 7);
6. Embroider further till you reach the zig-zag stitch (photo 8);
7. Place colourful piece of fabric over the back side of the hoop using temporary adhesive spray (photo 9);
8. Tack all the layers using zig-zag stitches, cut away the excess fabric from both backside and frontside of the embroidery.
CAREFUL: do not damage the towel and the stabilizer! (photos 10 and 11);
9. Embroider the design (photos 12 and 13);
Please check more masterclasses by Embroidery Lab